Shanet Abeyta's Secret Fruit Salad - Do NOT Read!
We had to beg and plead for this recipe. It's a family favorite at every major gathering that Shanet has kept VERY secret! We hope you enjoy the wonderful flavors and all the love behind it's creation. 🙂
Apples (one of each)
granny smith , pink lady, fuji, red delicious (or whatever you like, I try to do a good mix of sweet and tart)
- 1 dozen kiwi berries from HBF Farms, of course! 🙂
- 3 cuties (mandarin oranges)
- 1 cup purple grapes
- 1 pint fresh blueberries from HBF Farms, of course! 🙂
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 16 oz chunk pineapple in pineapple juice (1 can)
- 2 bananas
- 32 oz plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cool whip
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
Cut apples and put in big bowl, toss with some of the pineapple juice to keep from turning brown.
Saucy stuff: Whisk yogurt and cool whip in a large bowl until blended. Mix in cinnamon and coconut flakes.
Stir saucy stuff into fruit mix until blended.
Rinse and prepare other fresh fruit, then gently add to apple mix:
Kiwi Berries (cut in half)
Grapes (cut in half)
Cuties (peeled & segmented)
Gently stir into fruit mix. Refrigerate 1 hour.